YOUR NO 1 WOODWORKING POWER TOOLS RESOURCE WEBSITE
A band saw is the pride of the lumbering & woodworking industries. It is so because it allows you to make accurate cuts, irrespective of the wood’s toughness. On some occasions, it can be leveraged to its maximum potential by using it for metalwork.
It’s nice to have a stationary bandsaw in your workshop. You can use it to make circular cuts, rip stock, and cut curves on wood, acrylic, and other materials.
But there are some things a stationary bandsaw cannot do, such as cutting I-beams, rebars, and pipes in hard-to-reach areas. This task is something portable bandsaws can handle easily. Also portable band saws are preferred if you are a woodworker with a small workspace.
The Best Cordless Band Saws For Woodworking
After carrying out rigorous testing and analysis, here are our 5 top choices.
|Band Saw||Preview||Comment||Shop Now|
|DEWALT (DCS371B) Portable Band Saw||Best overall||Check Price|
|Bosch GCB10-5 Deep-Cut Band Saw||Best price||Check Price|
|Milwaukee 2429-21XC Portable Band Saw Kit||Most comfortable grip||Check Price|
|WEN 94396 Portable Band Saw||Best warranty||Check Price|
|Cordless Makita Band Saw XBP02Z||Best variable speed||Check Price|
This DEWALT DCS371B Portable band saw has a cut capacity of 2-1/2-inch, which makes accurate & efficient cuts. It has a cantered handle position that provides ideal balance & ergonomics. As a result, user fatigue concerns are less with this saw. You can also adjust the blade tracking to increase its life.
The best thing about this portable band saw for wood is that it comes with LED working light. Hence, this is useful for working with woods at night time or in a dark environment.
Lastly, when not in use, you can store it easily, as it comes with a hanging hook
- It has an ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to use.
- Also, it comes with a dual-bearing blade-guide roller for enhanced durability.
- It has a soft grip on the back handle that offers woodworking comfort.
- The pricing is a bit higher for the feature offerings.
The Bosch GCB10-5 is one of the most lightweight portable band saw for wood, amongst others on this list. The handling aspect is easy for this tool and helps make precise cuts without mistakes. As a result, there is often less need for re-working with the use of this tool. With the application of this band saw, you can cut through conduit, rebar, and other such metals as well.
It does not cause any sparks while cutting through the metals! It is an ideal pick for professionals to carry out their woodworking. Overhead cuts are also easy to approach, with this band saw in hand. It weighs just 14.5 pounds, which is pretty much light to lift it around for more precision.
- It comes with a saw hook for you to hang and store when you are not using it.
- It cuts up to 4-3/4 inches in one pass.
- You get variable speed settings to offer versatility.
- It consumes a bit more power than other options on the list.
If you are looking for a small band saw for woodworking, then there is no tool better than this Milwaukee 2429-21XC portable band saw. It weighs just 6.75 pounds, thereby making it apt for small applications too. Also, it is so small and light that you can work with your single hand. As it is small in size, it is used for determining the accuracy of cuts around tighter spots.
This tool doesn’t make much noise while carrying out woodworking, and the pricing is affordable for a band saw of such specifications. Also, this is an air-powered tool and has a blade length of 11 inches only. It needs 6.0 batteries to operate with a bit of additional power.
- This band saw comes with 24 teeth.
- It is cordless, which makes it portable in the true sense.
- It has a good grip over the handles for comfortable and accurate cutting.
- It will work best on small applications or for precise cuts in tighter spots.
It is most likely one of the most affordable yet high-quality band saws available. This WEN 944396 Handheld portable band saw has a mere blade of 5 inches and works well for both wood & metal. Even though it is small, it still cuts up to 5” wide and 5” deep.
In addition to this, it comes with a powerful 10amp motor that can cut wood seamlessly and is also proficient in cutting plastics, metals, etc. The weight of this tool is around 14.5 pounds and comes with 14 teeth for ideal cutting.
- The brand offers two years of warranty.
- It comes with variable speed operation.
- Also, it has a 10/14 TPI metal-cutting blade.
- It is not fit for humongous wood or metal cutting projects.
The last one in the lot is a variable speed band saw for wood with a fast-cutting motor. Also, it comes with a thick & durable rubber bumper for additional protection. You get a trigger switch that is embedded with a lock-off feature. This product, the Makita Band Saw XBP02Z, is cordless and is one of the best saws you can get. It is because you can cut not just wood but different metals as well.
You can seek metal fabrication, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and plumbing applications with it as well. It works best with 5Ah batteries that can last for several days, with one full charge.
- It comes with a 4-2/4 inch cutting capacity.
- Also, it has a 6-setting variable speed.
- It offers over-torque motor protection with a light indicator.
- This band saw is pretty much expensive, as it offers quite a lot of features.
There are many portable band saws on the market and we’ve listed a few of our favorites. Have you tried any of these? Let us know! We hope this review helps with your decision-making process;
Remember to always take appropriate safety precautions while using band saws to safeguard yourself and avoid mishaps.